Saturday 23 May 2015

Don't give up

Today I want to tell you a short story about my friend who was very sick. He was born as a boy without arm. He is not usual. I met him in the shop. He was buying fruits and after few minutes he  smiled to me. I was shocked because I have never met as happy person as he was that time. I did not pay attention on his arm but I thought  " What a handsome man". I was surprised because he waited for me near the shop and asked me for a walk. He said to me that he would like to go for a cup of coffee. I said " yes" and we went. In the restaurant he showed me that he hasn't got the arm. It wasn't a problem for him and it was strange  because he is a personal trainer and he works with people who want to loose on weight. We were meeting very often. I saw that something is not good with his health. I asked him to go to the doctor. After one year he got a diagnosis and it was a cancer. He said to me " I haven't got a lot of time and I want to change something in my life, you are my only true friend, could you help me?". I said " yes, I love you, you are like my brother" and I helped him. He wanted to meet with others and tell them that this is very important to start think about positives and to smile all the time. He gave him a lot of hopes and they loved him. They were very delighted. He fought with his cancer 2 years and you know what? he won. It was the best thing for me, because Tomek, my lovely friend is not sick any more. He is now in the USA and works as a psychologist. We are still in touch and he is the most important person in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment